Baked Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite Italian dishes and it’s easy to make. You can serve this with pasta as well, but I like it just the way it is.
- 3-4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 – 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs (enough to bread chicken)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Parmesan grated Parmesan cheese (mix together with bread crumbs)
- Marinara (enough to cover chicken) see previous recipe to make marinara
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut your chicken length wise in half.
- Then put chicken in between some wax paper and pound with a meat mallet until it’s about a 1/2 inch thick.
(For a less fattening dish, rinse your chicken and pat dry before you bread it instead of using eggs or you could dip it in some fat free milk then bread it)
- Bread each side of your chicken with the breadcrumb, Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Add some olive oil to a skillet and lightly brown chicken on each side.
- Put on a dish with some paper towels to soak up some of the oil off chicken.
- In a baking dish spread some marinara in bottom of dish, add chicken, and then add more marinara on the chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake @ 350 degrees for about 45- 50 minutes.
- 5-10 minutes before the chicken is done, sprinkle mozzarella cheese across the top of all the chicken pieces, cover with foil and return to the oven to finish cooking and to melt the cheese.