This Baked Stuffed Shells Recipe is a very popular Italian dish that’s absolutely delicious and very easy to make. Don’t forget the Italian bread! You can also serve this with your favorite wine. I must be on a wine kick lately.
- Marinara (cook as previously posted without the sausage.)
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 package low fat shredded mozzarella cheese (1 3/4 cup)
- Large container reduced fat Ricotta cheese (2lbs)
- 1 egg
- 1 box Jumbo shells
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your shells for about 8-9 minutes in a large pot.
- Drain and run cold water over them for a few seconds.
- In a large bowl mix Ricotta, egg, garlic, 1/2 package (medium to large) of Mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper.
- In a large baking dish spread some of the sauce in the bottom of the dish.
- Stuff each shell with the cheese mixture and place shells in the baking dish.
- When you have filled your dish with shells, cover shells with the marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining amount of Mozzarella on top and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Foil and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Take foil off for the last 5-7 minutes.