If you love Mexican food, you will love making this burrito recipe. It’s so good you will win over your friends and family.
- 1lb ground beef (I use 85% lean)
- 1 package Knorr Rice Sides – Spanish Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15oz)pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 (10-in) burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 jar (16oz) Salsa Verde, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 4oz)
- 1 bunch green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely chop the white part of the green onions, cook with the ground beef in a large skillet, stirring occasionally until beef is done (about 5 min).
- Remove beef mixture and set aside.
- In the same skillet add water, beans, package of Knorr Rice Sides Spanish Rice and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook covered for 7 minutes.
- Stir in beef mixture, remove from heat let stand for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup salsa, and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup of the rice mixture onto each burrito roll up.
- Evenly spread 1/2 cup salsa in the bottom of a 13×9 greased baking dish.
- Arrange burritos seam side down.
- Spoon remaining salsa down center of burritos.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese on burritos, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped green parts of your green onions.
- Serve with sour cream, and salsa on the side.