Chicken Marsala Recipe
Yummy! This has to be one of my favorite chicken dishes! My husband loves Chicken Marsala and he couldn’t get enough of it and actually had it for lunch the next day. This recipe goes great with a bottle of wine.
- 1 lb chicken breast (Pound to thin cutlets about 1/8 inch thick)
- 1/2-1 cup flour
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1-2 containers of sliced mushrooms (I like a lot of mushrooms so I use 2)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup Parkay fat free butter
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms in some of the butter (just enough to keep them from sticking).
- When mushrooms are soft remove them from skillet.
- Rinse your chicken and pat dry.
- Mix the marjoram in with the flour (you only need enough flour to coat the chicken).
- One piece at a time lightly coat chicken in flour shaking of any excess flour.
- Place chicken in same skillet you sautéed the mushrooms in, add some more of the butter (just enough so it doesn’t stick).
- Cook about 4-5 minutes on each sided.
- Stir in the chicken broth, and Marsala wine.
- Add mushrooms back into the skillet and cook for another 10 minutes or so, you want to make sure the chicken is fully cooked and you want to let the sauce thicken a little.
- Serve with sauce and mushrooms on top of each piece of chicken.