It takes time to perfect a recipe to call your own. The first time I had Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps was at P.F. Chang’s. If you ever had them before, you would agree that they’re amazing, but you will find my chicken wraps a little better and lighter. I removed the sesame oil and water chestnuts and added some of my own ingredients that will surely satisfy.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium to large red bell pepper minced
- 2/3 cup mushroom minced
- 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup minced onions (I prefer the long green onions)
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper (Add an extra teaspoon to add more spice)
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup of regular sugar or a teaspoon of splender
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoon of grinded dehydrated red peppers or hot sauce (The more the hotter)
- Make the special sauce first by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup, lemon juice, hot mustard, garlic powder and dehydrated red peppers or hot sauce.
- Mix well and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Sauté chicken breasts in a frying pan until cooked.
- Set chicken breasts on the side to cool.
- In a food processor mince red bell pepper, mushrooms, long green onions, and garlic.
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add black pepper and ground ginger.
- Mince the chicken breasts and mix all ingredients together.
- In a frying pan add 3 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil and add 1/4 cup of water.
- Add all ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes covered with the cover just slightly off to allow the water to evaporate. Mix ingredients occasionally.
- Peel lettuce and add ingredients.
Serves 3 to 4 people.