It has been a while since my last recipe post, because after 70+ recipes, you start to run out of ideas. I love breakfast on weekends only because there’s no time during the week to prepare. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and Eggs Benedict is one of my favorite morning time meals. I hope you enjoy this breakfast recipe as I much as I do.
Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter (I use fat free butter)
- Dice 3 large potatoes and cook in a frying pan with olive oil. Add chopped onions, red peppers, tsp black pepper, tsp of salt when the potatoes are tender. Mix in ingredients and stir. Cook potatoes and ingredients for 10 minutes until onions and peppers are soft.
- Pouch your egg (crack open eggs in boiling water and cook for 5 minutes and let sit in water until Hollandaise sauce is done)
- Start cooking the Hollandaise sauce when you add the onions and peppers to the home fries
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, cold water, salt and pepper. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Gradually whisk yolk mixture into butter. Continue whisking over low heat for 8 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Cook some Canadian bacon
- Toast an English muffin
- Put a piece of Canadian bacon on an English muffin
- Put poached egg on Canadian bacon pour Hollandaise sauce on top
Serve and Enjoy!