There’s nothing like Meatballs from my grandma’s original recipe. This Italian dish is sure to delight your family and guests. The great thing about making meatballs, besides the taste, it’s the leftovers. There’s always leftovers for a meatball hero the next day!
- 2 lbs ground beef (Use lean 85% fat free to reduce fat and calories)
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs (Italian Style Progresso preferred)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of Fresh Parmesan cheese
- Mince 4 to 6 large cloves of garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
- Roll meatballs in golf ball sizes or larger, your preference (I like them a little larger).
- Add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan, not to much.
- Add meatballs.
- Brown meatballs on each side, but don’t overcook if you are adding to sauce (Gravy).
- Set aside in tray with paper napkins underneath meatballs.
Serves 6 to 8 people.
Enjoy grandma’s meatball recipe as we do! Add to your meatballs 30 minutes before the sauce is done.