Yummy and spicy! This Spicy Shrimp in Tomato Cream Sauce recipe would go over well in the Gulf Coast region, but it was created in the mid-west by my husband and I know you will find this recipe to your liking. If you want to raise the temperature (I dare you), just double the Habanero Chili Sauce, Black and White Pepper.
- 1 lb of Colossal Shrimp out of the shell and deveined
- 1 lb of Bow Tie Pasta or any other pasta
- 1/2 Medium white onion finely chopped
- 14.5 oz. can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 to 1/2 of cup of Pecorino cheese shredded
- 1/2 pint of whipped cream (Use low fat)
- 1/4 to 1/2 stick of butter (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of Habanero Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of white pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- Saute mushrooms and onions in a large pan with olive oil on medium heat – keep covered to keep in moister.
- Cook mushrooms and onions until soft and let pan cool for 5 minutes.
- Add can of sliced tomato sauce.
- Add Shrimp
- Add Cream, Salt, Habanero Chili Sauce, Black Pepper and White Pepper.
- Cook on medium heat for 25 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
- Add Pecorino cheese 5 minutes before the cream sauce is done.
You can serve this recipe over your favorite pasta.