19 September 2011 ~ 3 Comments
It has been a while since I posted a recipe and this one is hot! If you love chili, you will love this healthier Turkey Chili Recipe that’s packed with all the heat. This is an easy recipe to make and if you need more heat (dare you), just add extra Jalapeno and Habanera peppers.
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- 2 cans Red Kidney Beans
- 2 cans (14 oz each) diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Coriander
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 an onion (white or Vidalia) finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 1 Habanera pepper finely chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp Chili powder
- In a large skillet brown turkey with peppers, onions, and garlic.
- When turkey is browned, add all spices mix well let cook for a couple more minutes.
- Place ingredients in a crock pot or slow cooker.
- Add both cans of tomatoes, and kidney beans (drain most of the juice from kidney beans only).
- Add 1/2 cup -3/4 cup of water cover and cook on low for about 4-5 hours.
Makes 4-6 servings